Sunday, March 27, 2016


Introduction

Quick notes on what I had to go through to get P8 flashed.


Why go through the hassle? Because I can't get my P8 updated OTA after its rooted (using TWRP)

Backup - Using Titanium


To backup with Titanium onto SD Card (since onboard is out of storage)



  • Install a good enough terminal software on P8 
  • mkdir /storage/<sdcard1>/Android/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/
    (source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51303259&postcount=9)
  • Configure Titanium to the new location. It will have the permission to write onto that directory 
  • Backup! (I'll ignore facebook app and spotify since you can always download the latest) 

Backup - With TWRP


  1. Boot into TWRP 
  2. Configure to use SD card 
  3. Backup using TWRP 
  4. Setup the working machine (Windows 10)

Download and Install

  1. Java SDK 
  2. Android SDK 
  3. Huawei Update Extractor

    (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=8e7acd698984aac2207ac117c2b07dea&t=2433454)
  4. Download the update.zip from the phone(Location: should be your sdcard0/Hw<XXX>) I couldn't remember what XXX was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment